May 26, 2023 | Maryjo Tait | 28 views
Shamrock Hockey League Staff Positions Open
Shamrock Hockey League is looking to fill positions for a Scheduler and/or Web Administrator by May 31, 2023.
The Shamrock Hockey League is currently seeking a League Scheduler and/or Web Administrator for the 2023/2024 and beyond.
Below are descriptions (as provided by the previous Scheduler/Web Administrator)
The flow charts need to be correct to upload matchups and games. If a centre's matchups don't upload there is a problem on the back end. I would remove this from Web Admin and put it under the Scheduler.
- The scheduler will need to review a Round Robin Scheduler and create the schedules and upload to The Onedb. Sample program. http://www.galactix.com/rrs/roundrobinscheduling.html OR the Onedb has an auto create schedule .
- Web Admin will need to convert the centres game info form to excel and give to Scheduler. (need division, team name, game date, time, arena and blackout dates)
- Create New Season on The Onedb (suggest copy previous season)
- Revise flow charts - Groups (add, remove), Manage Teams in each division (link correct team to division) , Manage Rounds (correct dates) Divisions (correct dates), Teams (select teams from linked list)
- Make sure the correct arenas are listed and update if needed on the onedb (arena name change needs to be done by Sportsheadz [email protected])
- Once flowcharts are ready and schedules are completed in Round Robin, you need to create matchups and upload matchups followed by uploading games under Matchups - Bulk Matchup Commands - List of Commands uploaded by CSV Command Data file.
- Matchups Commands - Matchup, Game Number, Home Team, Visiting Team
- Game Commands - Game, Game Number, Home Team, Visiting Team, Date 09/22/2023, Time, Arena
- Once games are uploaded, need to check Issues and fix any conflicts with games by looking for a new date or cancel a conflict. This will help if all centres have their teams schedules updated with tournament dates on their site.
- Notify centres games are uploaded and any matchups not scheduled by scheduler need to be completed within 2 weeks. Centres need to link all their games (home and away) on to the onedb to allow the games to download onto their website.
- Create flow charts for re-seed if need and repeat above
- Create flow charts for playoffs and create matchups.
- Add monthly meetings date, time and location on website
- Make sure contact info is correct under Contacts every new season
- Update the alias emails if there are new members and remove old members
- Remove old members access and give new members access to the shamrock site and make sure they have access to Centre Contacts portal
- Upload monthly minutes and AGM minutes
- Post news articles (All-Star)
- Add and remove Centres Rep and Ice schedulers user access to the onedb
- Check all users on the onedb and shamrock access and make sure they are not expiring for the current season
- PDF contact list under Centre Contacts with all centres names, email, phone numbers is updated. This page is a private portal to post info only for our reps to view. This can be obtain under Admin - View manage files - documents
- Update league policies and rules of procedures when needed
- Update main page with current season OMHA Manual of Operations
- Create new season, add divisions and link to the onedb once the scheduler says it is ready
- Update game centre info form if needed and provide it on main page June to August to allow centres to fill it out and provide it to the scheduler (convert to excel). If a centre changes their info, you can update the form on the back end.
If interested in both or either of the above positions, please contact the Shamrock Executive no later than May 31, 2023 via Email. to [email protected]